Saturday, November 6, 2010

All grow up..... almost :)

So I came to the conclusion that I must be getting old.....older :) See when I think of a coffee pot on the counter I think of my dad in his recliner watching some old movie sipping his cup of Joe. For me, I conveniently go through the drive thru and order my very complicated drink (because I'm so darn picky) with no thought or work involved, I just hand over my cash and get a sweet treat in return. Well tonight I went out and bought a coffee pot. Followed by a trip to the local supermarket to by some coffee. I got a nice little one, 5 cups. Very inexpensive too. It even has a reusable filter which I was unaware coffee pots had. Those frequent trips to Starbucks adds up and if I make my own I can add as much syrup as I want!

Then standing in the coffee aisle being quite overwhelmed with all the choices, I finally picked some. I got a little bit of three different kinds to try. There is a pumpkin spice, peppermint, and chocolate macadamia nut. I got some peppermint, pumpkin pie and white chocolate syrup as well. I like my coffee extra sweet =] After I made my selections I ground the beans in the grinder there at the store and I must say they all smell quite nice. We got home and I set the coffee pot up on the counter, ran a cycle of water through it and then got it all ready for tomorrow morning. I will be making pumpkin with a bit of chocolate mixed in. I put my grounds in the freezer and everything is all set. I even called a friend earlier to get some coffee advice about makers, grounds and sizes. Lucky for me she is quite the coffee expert.

I had thought about buying a coffee pot for the last few weeks. Each time I grocery shop I stand in the coffee aisle staring at the big wall of choices trying to wrap my head around it. Seems as it could be quite overwhelming if you have no clue what you're doing. I was so glad that I got some good advice, went a little later in the evening and the store was almost empty. I kinda like the idea of waking up and smelling fresh coffee. It kinda makes me think of Christmas as a kid at grandma's you know. Just that warm comfy feeling. Well I'm off to sleep. Tomorrow starts bright and early with Nathan's Boy Scout community service. We are cleaning up the grounds of a local school. Then the girls have volley ball ad Zakary has soccer. We are going to visit Grandma tomorrow, she hasn't been feeling well, then to a friends B-day bash where were required to wear 'bad shirts." I'm gonna need that coffee in the morning, wish me luck!



1 comment:

  1. I love that "Coffee... You can sleep when your dead" need to find a poster to hang in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete