Friday, January 3, 2014

Something old....new.... or just forgotten?


So...... another year has gone by.  I can't remember the last time I wrote on here.  What once served as an almost therapeutic kind of thing has seem to slip my mind for quite some time. I will easily admit that I've been busy. In fact busy isn't even the word for it. Another year gone by, the kids are another year older, oh my how time flies and with each day seems to be busier than ever. All on top of working full time. Not much time left for Momma time but sometimes I just need to take it. There are few things in this world that calm me down. Writing on here has been one and eating pistachios before bed is becoming quite the addiction. What time I do have with my love I try to make the most of every moment. And it is a heavy price to pay for all the nights alone but they're very well worth it. Until I don't have to spend any more of those nights alone, relaxing and eating pistachios just seems to help. Everyone thinks of New Year's resolutions. Most peoples are highly unrealistic. Mine this year have become quite simple. My list of new years resolution is as follows; number 1 recycle more. Simply we just don't do enough in this house. Number 2 delegate more family time, time to watch those little faces grow more and more everyday for I know it I will be blinking sending them off to college. I want to make the most of every second while I have it. Number 3 write more. Use this blog for what I intended it to be. Number 4 Actually finish a book and continue to keep reading others. And lastly but not least, number 5 be a better person than I was last year. I know that's a pretty broad statement but as I look back there are definitely things I can do to be a better me. They are not things I need to list nor say just things I know within myself to not only make myself but also my family stronger. So to heck with all those people who make this silly resolutions that involve a gym or some fad diet, cause let's face it, that's what most people do, however thanks to my lovely thyroid condition those are things I need not to worry about, so I can focus on my realistic expectations;)

No comments:

Post a Comment